By: Muuna Cottage Cheese • January 5, 2017
Apple Breakfast Parfait
As presented by Lifestyle Expert Alison Deyette on Access Hollywood Live, Muuna’s Apple Breakfast Parfait packs protein and a punch of flavor. Make and eat the morning of or prepare the night before to jump start your day with a satisfying, high- protein breakfast.
See Alison prepare the recipe on Access Hollywood Live here.
• 2 Small apples
• 1/2 Tbsp. Brown sugar
• 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
• 1 1/2 Tbsp. Water
• 1/3 cup Gluten-free oats
• 1/2 Tbsp. Coconut oil, melted
• 1 Tbsp. Unsweetened shredded coconut
• 1 Container of 5.3oz. peach Muuna cottage cheese
• 1 Tbsp. Pecans, chopped
1. Peel and core the apples and cut them into small, bite-sized pieces. Place the chopped apples into a microwaveable container and stir in brown sugar, cinnamon and water. Microwave for approximately 1 to 1 1⁄2 minutes until the apple is tender. Remove from the microwave and allow to cool.
2. In a bowl, mix together the oats, shredded coconut, and melted coconut oil.“nice cream” into a container and freeze for 1-2 hours.
3. Place the oat mixture in the bottom of your serving glass. Add a layer of stewed apples and top with cottage cheese. Repeat until the cup is almost completely filled.
4. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
Recipe Makes: 2 Servings