By: Muuna Cottage Cheese • June 10, 2017
Bacon & Chive Egg Muffins
“If savory snacks are your favorite, you’ll love these Bacon & Chive Egg Mu ns! They’re packed with protein from eggs, cottage cheese, and bacon (!!), and the chives add an extra burst of flavor. These are so easy to make ahead of time – and only require one bowl! Simply prepare a batch, store in the refrigerator, and reheat after your workout or just eat cold like I do!”
• 1 cup Lowfat Plain Muuna cottage cheese
• 4 Eggs
• 1/2 cup Oats
• 1 tsp. Baking powder
• 1/2 tsp. Onion powder
• 1/4 tsp. Salt
• 4 pieces Bacon, cooked and chopped
• 1/2 cup Shredded Gruyere cheese + 1/3 cup for topping
• 2 Tbsp. Chives, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Combine ingredients in a food processor or high-speed blender.
3. Coat a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray (or use a silicone muffin tray).
4. Divide batter among 9 cups and bake for 25 minutes.
5. Remove muffins from oven and sprinkle 1/3 cup of cheese evenly over muffins.
6. Turn oven to broil and cook for another 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted and lightly brown
Recipe Makes: 9 Servings
Fat: 8 g
Fiber: 1 g