By: Muuna Cottage Cheese • September 27, 2017
Butternut Squash & Kale Protein Power Bowl
Whether you’re a kale lover or reluctant to try the trendy green vegetable, this protein power bowl is sure to be a favorite lunch or dinner during the cooler months. With brown rice, lentils, pecans, and protein-packed Lowfat Plain Muuna cottage cheese, this recipe boasts 42 grams of protein and will fuel all of your fall adventures!
• 1 cup Cooked brown rice
• 1 Container of 5.3oz. Lowfat Plain Muuna cottage cheese
• ½ cup Kale, chopped
• ¼ cup Butternut squash, chopped and roasted
• ¼ cup Apple, chopped
• ¼ cup Green onions, chopped
• ¼ cup Cooked lentils/split-peas
• ⅛ cup Pecans
• ⅛ cup Dried cranberries
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a medium-sized bowl, add brown rice.
2. In order, place the rest of the ingredients (except the cranberries and pecans) in sections around the outer edges of the bowl.
3. Add the cranberries and pecans to the center.
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Enjoy immediately!
Recipe Makes: 1 Serving
Protein: 42 g
Carbohydrates: 167 g
Fat: 17 g
Fiber: 30 g