By: Muuna Cottage Cheese • April 6, 2018
Butternut Squash Noodles with Protein-Packed Marinara
It’s time to spice up your spaghetti night! Top nutritious butternut squash noodles with protein-packed Muuna cottage cheese and marinara sauce, fresh basil, and toasted walnuts. You won’t miss the traditional noodles OR the meat, but you’ll get all the flavor and protein.
- 1 lb. Butternut squash, peeled and spiralized (or 4 cups squash noodles)
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 cup Marinara sauce (homemade or store bought)
- ¾ cup Classic Plain Muuna cottage cheese
- ¼ cup Toasted walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup Fresh Basil, chopped
- Heat a medium non-stick pot over medium heat, add olive oil and minced garlic.
- Saute for about 30 seconds until garlic becomes aromatic.
- Add squash noodles and saute 2-3 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with 1-2 Tbsp. of water so the noodles don’t stick.
- Cover and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally and deglazing with water when needed. Cook until squash noodles are soft, but not mushy.
- Add marinara sauce and heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. The sauce should start to bubble.
- Remove the pot from the heat and allow to cool for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the Muuna cottage cheese and top with fresh basil and toasted walnuts.
- Enjoy immediately.
Recipe Makes: 3 Servings
With Classic Plain Muuna cottage cheese (4%)
With Lowfat Plain Muuna cottage cheese (2%)