By: Carrots n’ Cake • June 10, 2017
Cocoa Almond Protein Bars
“Hello, deliciousness! These homemade protein bars are made with wholesome ingredients and none of that funny stu , like protein powder with crazy ingredients. If you’re not a fan of traditional protein powders, these bars are for you! Made with high-protein cottage cheese, whole eggs, rolled oats, and creamy almond butter, they’re the perfect pre- (and post) workout snack to keep you satis ed and well fueled! Oh, yeah, and they taste like dessert!!”
• 1/2 cup Classic Plain Muuna cottage cheese
• 1 cup Oats
• 1⁄2 cup Creamy almond butter
• 1⁄4 cup Coconut oil, melted
• 1⁄4 cup Cocoa powder
• 1⁄4 cup Brown sugar
• 2 Eggs
• 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
• 1/4 tsp. Sea salt
• 1/3 cup Chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Combine ingredients, minus the chocolate chips, in a food processor until smooth. (You can also mix by hand, but the food processor makes for a “smoother” protein bar.)
3. Once combined, stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
4. Line a 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper and then evenly pour in batter.
5. Bake for 30 minutes.
6. Remove dish from oven and allow to cool.
7. Cut into 10 bars. Refrigerate until you’re ready to eat. Note: For a more portable snack, store bars in the freezer.
Recipe Makes: 10 Servings