By: Muuna Cottage Cheese • September 5, 2017
Avocado Cottage Egg Salad
Egg salad is nally getting the gourmet treatment it deserves! Fresh avocado, crumbled bacon, fresh dill, and protein-packed Lowfat plain Muuna cottage cheese really take this salad to new heights. Not only does the Muuna add protein, but it gives the egg salad creaminess without adding fat.
- 4 Large eggs, hard boiled and chopped
- 1 Avocado, diced
- 2 Tbsp. Green onions, sliced
- 4 Slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup Lowfat plain Muuna cottage cheese
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh dill, chopped (or 1 tsp. Dried dill)
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/8 tsp. Pepper
1) Whisk cottage cheese, lemon juice, and dill in a large bowl until combined.
2) Add eggs, avocado, onion, and bacon into the cottage cheese mixture and stir. Do not over mix – avocado should still be chunky.
3) Eat as is or spoon onto sourdough bread and eat as a sandwich.
4) Eat as is, spoon into romaine lettuce leaves, or serve on bread.
Recipe Makes: 4 Servings