By: Muuna Cottage Cheese • January 5, 2017
Garden Fresh Omelet with Cottage Cheese
As a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, I’m always trying to nd creative ways to sneak in hearty nutrition without feeling like you have to eat a salad or smoothie. By nely dicing those veggies (basically whatever “garden fresh” veggies you have on hand), mixing them with eggs and topping the omelet with Muuna cottage cheese, you’re able to pull a stealth health move and start your day with not only protein, veggies and dairy, but also ber!” — Shaw’s Simple Swaps
• 3 Large eggs
• 1⁄2 cup Fresh spinach, chopped
• 2 Tbsp. Red onion, chopped
• 1/8 tsp. Black pepper
• 1/8 tsp. Kosher salt
• 1⁄2 cup Lowfat Plain Muuna cottage cheese
• 3 Cherry tomatoes, halved
1. In a small bowl, whisk eggs with spinach, onion, pepper, and salt.
2. Spray a 6-inch nonstick pan with cooking spray and place over medium heat.
3. Pour in the egg mixture and let set for 3 to 4 minutes.
4. When sides are firm, quickly flip omelet using a large spatula to evenly cook both sides.
5. Remove from heat and serve open face or folded with 1/2 cup cottage cheese and halved cherry tomatoes.
Recipe Makes: 1 Serving