By: Muuna Cottage Cheese • September 5, 2017
Protein-Rich Greek Pasta Salad
This extra creamy pasta salad swaps mayonnaise with protein- packed Lowfat plain Muuna cottage cheese to keep you fuller, longer. Serve this as a side or add grilled chicken to turn this flavorful salad into a main dish.
- 1 lb. Uncooked penne/ rotini/fusilli pasta (gluten-free pasta will also work)
- 2 cups Cucumbers, cut into quarter-inch rounds
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp. Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 Large red onion, thinly sliced
- 10 oz. Lowfat plain Muuna cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. Garlic, minced
- 5 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- 1/2 tsp. Dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- Zest from 1 lemon
1. Prepare pasta according to package instructions.Set aside to cool.
2. In a food processor, combine dressing ingredients. Pulse until smooth.
3. Once pasta is cooled combine salad ingredients (except for parsley) in a bowl and mix.
4. Pour dressing over the mixture and stir to coat.
5. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
Recipes Makes: 6 Servings