By: Muuna Cottage Cheese • September 5, 2017
Protein-Rich Greek Pasta Salad
This extra creamy pasta salad swaps mayonnaise with protein- packed Lowfat plain Muuna cottage cheese to keep you fuller, longer. Serve this as a side or add grilled chicken to turn this avorful salad into a main dish.
• 1 lb. Uncooked penne/ rotini/fusilli pasta (gluten-free pasta will also work)
• 2 cups Cucumbers, cut into quarter-inch rounds
• 1 cup Cherry tomatoes, halved
• 2 Tbsp. Kalamata olives, chopped
• 1/2 Large red onion, thinly sliced
• 10 oz. Lowfat plain Muuna cottage cheese
• 1⁄4 cup Freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1 1/2 tsp. Garlic, minced
• 5 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil • 1 Tbsp. Honey
• 1/2 tsp. Dried oregano
• 1/2 tsp. Salt
• Zest from 1 lemon
1. Prepare pasta according to package instructions.Set aside to cool.
2. In a food processor, combine dressing ingredients. Pulse until smooth.
3. Once pasta is cooled combine salad ingredients (except for parsley) in a bowl and mix.
4. Pour dressing over the mixture and stir to coat.
5. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
Recipes Makes: 6 Servings