By: Muuna Cottage Cheese • October 4, 2017
Healthy Mini Cheesecakes
Swapping out the cream cheese for cottage cheese turn these mini cheesecakes into a sweet breakfast or dessert you can feel good about!
“These mini two-bite cheesecakes are the ultimate dessert-turned-meal. They’re made with deliciously creamy, melt-in-your-mouth Muuna…and they’re loaded with healthy fat, protein and even some fresh fruit, so they’re healthy enough to pass for breakfast!” – Hello Glow
- 1/2 cup Packed pitted dates
- 1 cup Raw walnuts
- 2 cups Classic Plain Muuna cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup Coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 2 Eggs
- Coconut cream, chilled and separated
- Fresh raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
2. For the crust, place the raw walnuts and dates in a food processor and process until there are no lumps.
3. Liberally grease a muffin pan and divide the crust mixture among 6 to 8 tins.
4. Use your fingers to press down on crust.
5. Bake for 5 minutes, then remove from the oven and let cool.
6. Reduce the heat to 325º F and rinse out your food processor.
7. Place in the cottage cheese in the center of large piece of cheesecloth. Gather the ends and squeeze the cheese until you have removed a lot of the liquid. Place the strained cottage cheese in the food processor and puree until smooth.
8. Add sugar and vanilla and process again until smooth. Add the eggs and process until just mixed through. Spoon into muffin tins.
9. Bake for 25 minutes or until the center is almost set. Remove from the oven, cool, then refrigerate for 1½ to 2 hours.
10. While your cheesecakes cool, whip the coconut cream until it’s fluffy. Garnish the cheesecakes with coconut cream and raspberries just before serving.
Recipe Makes: 6 Servings
Protein: 16 g
Carbohydrates: 29 g
Fat: 21 g
Fiber: 6 g