By: Muuna Cottage Cheese • January 5, 2017
Herb and Bacon Cottage Biscuits
These biscuits make brunch taste heavenly while adding in a boost of protein to your meal! Make them savory or switch up the recipe to go sweet – you’ll be drooling over whichever variation you choose!
“This recipe is a classic biscuit that can act as the starting point for so many variations! …Consider omitting the bacon altogether and using one of the fruit avors, like peach or strawberry to create sweet biscuits perfect for breakfast with fresh jam.” — Girl Carnivore
• 2 cups Flour
• 1⁄4 tsp. Baking soda
• 1 Tbsp. Baking powder
• 1 tsp. Salt
• 2-3 Strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
• 2 tsp. Fresh thyme, stems removed
• 1 tsp. Black pepper
• 6 Tbsp. Cold butter
• 1⁄4 cup Buttermilk
• 1-1 1⁄4 cup Lowfat Plain Muuna cottage cheese
• 1 tsp. Milk
1. Preheat the oven to 425° F
2. Toss the flour, baking soda baking powder, salt, bacon, black pepper, and thyme together in a large bowl.
3. Dice the cold butter into small cubes, and with your fingers rub into the flour mixture, creating pea sized portions of butter.
4. Add the cold buttermilk and cottage cheese and with a wooden spoon, mix until just combined.
5. Cover the bowl and place in the fridge for 20 to 30 minutes to allow everything to cool and come together.
6. Dust a work surface with a little flour and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
7. Fold the dough out and work into a 1 1⁄2-inch thick disc. Cut out six 2 1⁄2 – 3 1⁄2 inch biscuits and arrange on the baking sheet. Brush the tops with milk.
8. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
Recipe Makes: 6 Servings