By: Muuna Cottage Cheese • October 4, 2017
Pumpkin Spice Protein Bake
“I might just eat this Pumpkin Spice Protein Bake every morning for the rest of my life. For real. It’s so, so, soooo good.” – Carrots ‘N’ Cake
Pumpkin + Protein: What more could you ask for?! Just toss the ingredients in a food processor, pour the batter in a pan, bake, and enjoy!
• 1.5 cups quick oats
• 5.3 ounces Muuna lowfat plain cottage cheese
• 1 cup canned pumpkin
• 1/3 cup maple syrup
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 cup liquid egg whites (or 3 whites from shell)
• 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 2 tbsp finely chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine above ingredients, except walnuts, in a food processor for about 60 seconds. Batter should be a little chunky.
2. Prepare a 9 X 9 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and then pour the batter inside. Smooth the top of the batter with a spatula and then sprinkle with walnuts.
3. Bake for 32-34 minutes until cooked all the way through. Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy with maple syrup or a big scoop of Muuna cottage cheese.
Recipe Makes: 9 Servings
Protein: 6 g
Carbohydrates: 16 g
Fat: 28 g
Fiber: 7 g