By: Muuna Cottage Cheese • February 3, 2017
Cottage Cheese Spinach Dip
Keep your dip just as creamy as you normally like it, but boost the protein by adding Muuna cottage cheese! This protein-packed appetizer will win over any party and keep your guests feeling satisfied.
“This cottage cheese spinach dip is one of those recipes I know is a keeper!” – Shaw’s Simple Swaps
- 10 oz. Frozen spinach, drained
- 12 oz. Lowfat Plain Muuna cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup Light sour cream
- 8 oz. Water chestnuts diced
- 1 tsp. Dried onion flakes
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. Dried dill weed
- 1/4 tsp. Dried celery seed
- 1/4 tsp. Black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher salt
1. Heat the frozen spinach in a microwave safe dish for 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Remove and using paper towels strain the water out.
3. In a large bowl, add the spinach, cottage cheese, sour cream, and water chestnuts.
4. Add in the spices and thoroughly combine.
5. Serve cold with tortilla chips or fresh veggies.
Recipe Makes: 8 Servings
Protein: 7 g
Carbohydrates: 6 g
Fat: 2 g
Fiber: 1 g