By: Muuna Cottage Cheese • December 4, 2017
Cranberry Cottage Cheesecake
Swapping out the cream cheese for cottage cheese adds a boost of protein while maintaining craveable creaminess in this tasty dessert. The cranberry compote on top takes it to the next level!
“I LOVE cheesecake but it is usually not the healthiest dessert option… This cheesecake is light and fluffy but not too sweet. You won’t even miss the cream cheese!”
Cranberry Compote Ingredients:
- 1 bag Fresh Cranberries
- ½ cup Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Water
- 2 sleeves Graham Crackers
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 6 Tbsp. Butter, melted
- 1 tsp. Pumpkin pie spice
Cheesecake Filling Ingredients:
- 1 container Classic Plain Muuna cottage cheese
- 1 cup Vanilla bean Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup Maple syrup
- 2 tsp. Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
1. In a small saucepan mix everything together. Bring to a boil and then turn to low. Allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
1. Place the graham crackers into your food processor. Pulse until you have small crumbs.
2. Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
3. In a large bowl mix together the crumbs, melted butter, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice.
4. Spray a glass pie plate with cooking spray.
5. Press the crust mixture into the pie pan.
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. In a blender, blend together the cottage cheese and Greek yogurt until it is smooth.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the eggs, flour, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
4. Empty the contents of the blender into a larger bowl and then add the mixture from the smaller bowl.
5. Fold everything together.
6. Pour the cheesecake filling into the pie pan.
7. Bake for one hour or until the cheesecake is set.
8. Allow to fully cool before topping with the cranberry compote.
9. Chill in the refrigerator before serving!
Recipe Makes: 8 Servings
Protein: 13 g
Carbohydrates: 42 g
Fat: 14 g
Fiber: 5 g