By: Muuna Cottage Cheese • April 14, 2017
Creamy Roasted Vegetable Gazpacho
Make your gazpacho ridiculously creamy and protein-packed by blending in Muuna cottage cheese! It’s the perfect cool dish to enjoy on a hot day and the extra protein can help fill you up.
“Heavy cream might seem like the answer here, but that stuff has 411 calories per half cup, with 2g of protein. Classic Plain Muuna has 110 calories per half cup and 14g of protein.”
- 2 Bell peppers, stemmed, seeded, and cut into large pieces
- 1 Red onion, cut into thick slices, rings separated
- 1 Jalapeño pepper, cut in half and seeded
- 2 cloves Garlic, skins on
- 1 ½ lbs Cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tsbp. Olive oil
- 3/4 cup Classic Plain Muuna cottage cheese
- 1 Cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
- ½ cup Sherry vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Tabasco to taste
- Pinch smoked paprika
- Diced cucumber and tomato for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 425° F.
2. Line two rimmed baking sheets with foil.
3. Place the peppers, onion, and jalapeno on one baking sheet and the garlic and tomatoes on the other. Drizzle all vegetables with olive oil and salt and toss with your hands until everything is coated.
4. Roast for 40 minutes until soft and blackened in areas, turning pieces once halfway through.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to come to room temperature.
6. Slip off the garlic skins.
7. Place the roasted vegetables in the jar of a blender and puree.
8. Add the cottage cheese, cucumber, and vinegar and puree until smooth.
9. Season with smoked paprika, pepper, Tabasco, and salt to taste.
10. If soup seems too thick, add a little water or some extra virgin olive oil.
11. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to meld.
12. Serve in cups or bowls, garnished with a little of the cucumber and tomato dice.
Recipe Makes: 4 Servings
Protein: 7 g
Carbohydrates: 11 g
Fat: 9 g
Fiber: 3 g