By: Muuna Cottage Cheese • September 5, 2017
No-Mayo Curried Chicken Salad
Leaving mayonnaise out of chicken salad seems like a rogue move, but we like to live on the edge! By replacing mayonnaise in this curried chicken salad with Lowfat plain Muuna cottage cheese, you’ll add all the creaminess you crave without adding extra fat.
- 2 cups Chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup Red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup Celery, diced
- 1 Apple, diced (Fuji, Gala, or Golden Delicious apples will work)
- 1/2 cup Toasted pecans, chopped
- 1/3 cup Golden raisins
- 4 Green onions, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. Orange marmalade
- 3/4 cup Lowfat plain Muuna cottage cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. Soy sauce (use gluten-free if needed)
- 1 1/2 tsp. Curry powder
- 1/8 tsp. Black pepper
1. Add dressing ingredients into a food processor and pulse until smooth.
2. Combine salad ingredients into a bowl. Pour dressing over the salad ingredients and stir to combine.
3. Eat as is or spoon into romaine lettuce leaves or onto bread.
Recipe Makes: 6 Servings