By: Muuna Cottage Cheese • October 4, 2017
Dijon Dill Salmon Salad
Muuna Cottage Cheese brings this creamy salad together and takes the protein up a notch!
“When I say this is a protein powerhouse of a lunch, I’m not kidding in the least. Between the salmon, the roasted chickpeas (love their pop of crunchy texture in this!) and the cottage cheese, this lunch has some serious staying power.”
- 15 ounces Canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. Smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 ounces Wild canned/packaged salmon
- 1 Container of 5.3oz. Lowfat Plain Muuna cottage cheese
- ½ cup Cucumber, diced
- 2 Tbsp. Capers
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- ½ tsp. Dried dill (or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill)
1. Preheat oven to 425° F.
2. Toss chickpeas with olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika, salt and pepper and spread out on a lined baking sheet.
3. Roast for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden and crispy.
4. While chickpeas roast, prepare the salmon salad by combining the salmon, cottage cheese, cucumbers, capers, dijon, lemon juice, dill, remaining 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika, and salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl.
5. Mix until well combined.
6. Add chickpeas to the mixture before serving and gently stir to combine.
7. Serve with lettuce wraps or toasted bread.
Recipe Makes: 2 Servings
Protein: 31 g
Carbohydrates: 52 g
Fat: 14 g
Fiber: 10 g