By: Muuna Cottage Cheese • January 5, 2017
Creamy Green Bean Salad
Gone are the days when “creamy” in a recipe means adding mayonnaise or heavy cream (and fat!). This light recipe uses Lowfat Muuna cottage cheese to give it its creaminess. Use it as a side dish or eat it as a main dish salad since the cottage is packed with protein!
- 1 lb. Fresh green beans
- 1.5 cups Lowfat Plain 2% Muuna cottage cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 Red onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Blanch green beans by placing them in boiling water for 3 minutes.
2. Drain the green beans and add them into a bowl of ice water to set color and cool.
3. While the green beans cool in the ice bath, mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl.
4. Drain the green beans, add them into the cottage cheese mixture, and stir until combined.
Recipe Makes: 4 Servings