By: Muuna Cottage Cheese • November 17, 2017
Mini Peppermint Frozen Cheesecake
Cheesecake can still be decadent without being fattening! Try this lighter version of a classic dessert by replacing ⅔ of the cream cheese with protein-packed Lowfat Plain Muuna cottage cheese
- 1 ⅓ cup Chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
- 4 Tbsp. Butter, melted
- 1 16oz. Container Lowfat Plain Muuna cottage cheese
- 1 8oz. Package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp. Peppermint extract
- ½ cup Powdered sugar
- Red food coloring gel (optional)
- ½ cup Peppermint candy pieces (optional)
1. Place 12 cupcake liners into a cupcake pan.
2. Combine chocolate cookie crumbs with melted butter in a bowl and stir.
3. Add one Tbsp. of the cookie mixture into each cupcake liner and press down to form a crust.
4. Add the cottage cheese, cream cheese, peppermint extract, and powdered sugar to the food processor and pulse until smooth (about 5 minutes).
5. Spoon the cottage cheese mixture into the cupcake liners, on top of the crust, until filled.
6. Dip a toothpick into the gel food coloring and swirl a pattern on top of each “cheesecake.”
7. Cover the cupcake pan with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and freeze for at least 4 hours.
8. To serve, take each “cheesecake” out of the pie pan and peel off the cupcake liner and sprinkle with peppermint candy pieces. Note: Take out of the freezer about 15 minutes before ready to serve so that they are not frozen solid.
Recipe Makes: 12 Servings
Protein: 7 g
Carbohydrates: 26 g
Fat: 13 g
Fiber: 0.4 g