By: Muuna Cottage Cheese • September 5, 2017
Protein Packed Antipasto Pasta Salad
This creamy pasta salad combines everything we love about an antipasto platter, with the benefit of added protein from the Lowfat plain Muuna cottage cheese! Layer the ingredients into a jar to take this meal on-the-go or serve at your family’s next sit- down a air. Either way, it’s sure to please!
- 1 lb. Uncooked elbow macaroni (gluten-free pasta will also work)
- 1 cup Pepperoni, chopped
- 1 cup Ham, cubed
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup Green peas, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup Artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1/2 Large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1-2 Tbsp. Fresh at-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 Containers of 5.3oz Lowfat Plain Muuna cottage cheese (or 1 1/3 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup + 1 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. Garlic, minced
- 6 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- 1/2 tsp. Dried Italian herbs
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
1. Prepare pasta according to package instructions. Set aside to cool.
2. In a food processor, combine dressing ingredients. Pulse until smooth.
3. Once pasta is cooled, in a glass jar or other spill-proof container, layer dressing, cooked pasta, tomatoes, ham, onions, peas, pepperoni, and artichoke hearts.
4. Chill in refrigerator until ready to enjoy!
Recipe Makes: 8 Serving