By: Muuna Cottage Cheese • October 27, 2017
Protein-Packed French Onion Dip
Sit out a bowl of this French Onion Dip at your next get- together and your guests will be wowed! By using deliciously creamy Lowfat Plain Muuna cottage cheese instead of sour cream and mayonnaise, you’ll boost the protein (to 8g per serving!) and cut the fat.
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 3 Medium sweet onions, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup White wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups Lowfat Plain Muuna cottage cheese 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. Black pepper
1. To make the caramelized onions, heat the olive oil in a heavy-bottomed saute pan over medium-high heat and add onions.
2. Saute the onions for 15 minutes, stirring often.
3. Addthewineandstir,being sure to scrape any burnt bits off the bottom of the pan.
4. Turn the heat down to medium and continue sauteing for another 20-25 minutes, until the onions are caramelized (brown, but not burnt).
5. Take the pan with the onions off the stove and allow to cool.
6. In a medium bowl, add the cottage cheese, Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic powder, black pepper, and cayenne and stir until combined.
7. Once the onions are cooled, add all but 1⁄4 cup into the cottage cheese mixture and stir.
8. Pour dip into serving container and top with reserved caramelized onions.
9. Serve with chips and enjoy!
Recipe Makes: 6 Servings