By: Muuna Cottage Cheese • September 5, 2017
Protein-Packed Patriotic Parfait
Serve these refreshing parfaits at your next get-together for a not-too-sweet dessert that everyone can enjoy. Instead of using pre-sweetened yogurt with lots of added sugar or artificial sweetener, use protein-packed and lowfat plain Muuna cottage cheese mixed with honey for sweetness and a bit of lemon zest for brightness.
- 2 cups Fresh strawberries, chopped
- 2 cups Blueberries
- 2 cups 2% Classic plain Muuna cottage cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Honey (adjust amount depending on how sweet you want your parfaits)
- Zest of one lemon (optional)
1) Mix cottage cheese with lemon zest and honey until combined.
2) Into 6 pint-size mason jars, layer 3-4 Tbsp. each of cottage cheese mixture, chopped strawberries, cottage cheese, blueberries, cottage cheese, and top with a mixture of strawberries and blueberries.
3) Either store in the refrigerator with lids on for up to one day or enjoy immediately.