By: Muuna Cottage Cheese • September 4, 2018
Protein-Packed Taco Salad Jar
Lunchtime never tasted better or was easier to prep! Assemble this taco salad the night before and you’ve got the perfect grab-n-go meal for your busy day. With 12 ½ g of protein, this salad will keep you full until dinnertime!
- ¾ cup Lowfat Plain Muuna cottage cheese
- ¾ cup Salsa
- ¾ cup Canned black beans, drained
- ¾ cup Canned corn, drained
- ¾ cup Romaine lettuce, shredded
- ¾ cup Corn Tortilla strips or corn tortilla chip pieces
- 1½ tsp. Chili powder
- In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese and chili powder.
- In a glass jar or other spill-proof container with a lid, layer cottage cheese and chili powder mixture, salsa, black beans, corn, and lettuce in that order.
- Store tortilla strips or tortilla chip pieces in a small bag and set aside.
- Place salad in refrigerator until ready to enjoy.
- Top salad with tortilla strips or tortilla chip pieces immediately before eating, replace lid, and shake.
Recipe Makes: 3 Servings (3 Jars)
Nutrition Information Per Serving:
Protein: 12 ½ g
Fat: 3 g
Fiber: 6 ½ g