By: Muuna Cottage Cheese • May 25, 2018
Roasted Pineapple Muuna Cottage Cheese Toast
Your morning toast or afternoon snack doesn’t have to be boring! The ridiculously creamy Muuna cottage cheese in this recipe adds 14g of protein per serving while the roasted pineapple gives it a smoky sweetness that’s sure to satisfy.
- 2 Slices whole grain bread
- ¼ cup Lowfat Plain Muuna cottage cheese
- 2 Fresh pineapple rings, sliced ¼-inch thick
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. Pure maple syrup
- ¼ tsp. Smoked paprika
- ⅛ tsp. Chili powder
- 2 tsp. Fresh mint, roughly chopped
- Heat oven to 450° F.
- In a bowl, add 2 tsp. maple syrup, smoked paprika, and chili powder.
- Add pineapple rings and toss until coated.
- Place pineapple rings onto baking sheet and place into the oven.
- Roast for 15 minutes.
- Turn on the broiler and cook for another 5-8 minutes until edges start to caramelize.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Toast the bread in a toaster (or put it in the oven directly on the rack for 2-3 minutes until toasted).
- Add 2 Tbsp. cottage cheese to each slice of toasted bread and spread.
- Drizzle 1 tsp. maple syrup on each cottage cheese toast.
- Place pineapple rings on top of the cottage cheese and top with fresh mint.
Recipe Makes: 1 Serving