By: Muuna Cottage Cheese • April 5, 2018
Southwestern Sweet Potato Noodles
This Tex-Mex inspired vegetarian zoodles dish is hearty, delicious and gluten-free! Adding Classic Plain Muuna cottage cheese not only gives this dish a rich and creamy texture, it provides necessary protein and calcium (probiotics too)!
- 1 lb. Sweet potatoes, peeled and spiralized (or 4 cups sweet potato noodles)
- ¼ cup Sweet onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- ½ tsp. Chili powder
- ½ tsp. Garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. Cumin
- 1 cup Frozen corn
- ⅓ cup Salsa
- ¾ cup Classic Plain Muuna cottage cheese (You can also use Lowfat Plain as well)
- 2-3 Tbsp. Cilantro, roughly chopped
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and onions.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes or until transparent.
- Sprinkle in chili powder, garlic powder, and cumin and stir.
- Add sweet potato noodles, stir to coat, and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with 1-2 Tbsp. of water so the noodles don’t stick.
- Add the frozen corn into the pan and stir.
- Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally and deglazing with water when needed. Cook until sweet potato noodles are soft, but not mushy.
- Turn off the heat and remove the pan from the warm burner.
- Stir in the salsa and the Muuna cottage cheese until combined.
- Sprinkle cilantro on top and serve while warm.
Recipe Makes: 3 servings (4 servings if used as a side dish)
With Classic Plain Muuna cottage cheese (4%)
With Lowfat Plain Muuna cottage cheese (2%)