By: Muuna Cottage Cheese • April 5, 2018
Spring Green Zucchini Noodles with Protein-Packed Pesto
It’s time to think green! This flavorful vegetarian “pasta” dish is ridiculously creamy and protein-packed with the addition of Classic Plain Muuna cottage cheese. By using spiralized zucchini noodles, you also cut down on empty carbs while boosting flavor!
- 3 Medium zucchini, spiralized (or 3 cups zucchini noodles)
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Frozen peas, cooked
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ½ cup Pesto sauce, homemade or store-bought
- ½ cup Classic Plain Muuna cottage cheese (You can also use Lowfat Plain as well)
- ¼ cup Fresh mint, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup Pine nuts, toasted
- Lay the zucchini noodles on paper towels to absorb any extra moisture.
- In a medium bowl, combine pesto and cottage cheese.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and zucchini noodles.
- Sprinkle with salt and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Toss the noodles in the sauce and top with chopped mint and pine nuts.
- Enjoy immediately!
Recipe Makes: 2 servings
With Classic Plain Muuna cottage cheese (4%)
With Lowfat Plain Muuna cottage cheese (2%)