By: Muuna Cottage Cheese • May 24, 2017
Toasted Coconut Blueberry Banana Bread Scones
These scones are a combination of blueberry muffins and banana bread with a hint of coconut. How can you go wrong?!
“Bonus, by using Muuna Blueberry Cottage Cheese, I was upping the protein in this recipe… With my crazy biking goals, I love fueling up on protein as it seems to be the only thing that satiates my hunger for a long time.”
- ½ cup Unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- ½ cup Pecans, toasted and chopped
- 3 ½ cups Cake flour
- ½ cup Brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Baking powder
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 8 Tbsp. Cold butter, cut into ¼-inch cubes
- 2 cups Blueberry Muuna cottage cheese (4 of the 5.3oz single-serve containers)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 2 Ripe bananas
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp. Heavy cream
1. Preheat the oven to 425° F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Work in the butter with your finger tips, breaking it down into smaller pea sized cubes.
4. In another bowl, combine the Blueberry Muuna cottage cheese, vanilla, and bananas. Mix in the egg to combine. Add the toasted coconut and pecans and just combine.
5. Working in batches, fold the cottage cheese mixture into the flour.
6. Lightly flour the parchment paper and turn the batter out. Knead a few times before forming into a large disk, about 2” thick. Press slight markings for the cut lines with a knife or dough cutter.
7. Place into the preheated oven, reduce heat to 375° F and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until crust is firm and inside is set.
8. Remove from the oven, cover with a clean towel and allow to rest a few minutes before slicing and serving.
9. Serve warm with fresh whipped cream, blueberry jam, and blueberries.
Recipe Makes: 8 Servings
Protein: 14 g
Carbohydrates: 76 g
Fat: 23 g
Fiber: 3 g